PAC-ROM logo
  • ¡Welcome to the PAC-ROM Forum!
  • Don't forget to follow us on Google+, Facebook, or Twitter!
  • Hi , Your primary usergroup is: Guests
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAAPs packages
I notice the new camera app in the GAAPs packages lack the option to save to the external SD card.  Is there a different GAAPs I should flash over my existing install to regain this functionality (it's essential in my opinion)?  I tried both the standard and the core suggested in the xda forum for exhilarate pac rom, but got the same lame-o "updated" google camera that crashes on the amusing, but probably mostly useless "photosphere" function.

I thought I knew what I was doing.  What I had thought previously was that by wiping Dalvik cache you could then freely install a new GApps package (learned from browsing a number of forums with many people offering bad to OK advice).  However, after doing this repeatedly with the several GApps packages I have collected on my SD card and never getting the camera I wanted, I decided to flash the 12_14_GApps_CORE (something like that) because it is minimal.  Several annoying apps I never use are still present, however (eg news and weather).  I suppose I'll try a clean install and try the different GApps I have until I find the right combo and report back.

(06-30-2014, 07:47 PM)brassmonkey Wrote: I notice the new camera app in the GAAPs packages lack the option to save to the external SD card.  Is there a different GAAPs I should flash over my existing install to regain this functionality (it's essential in my opinion)?  I tried both the standard and the core suggested in the xda forum for exhilarate pac rom, but got the same lame-o "updated" google camera that crashes on the amusing, but probably mostly useless "photosphere" function.

I thought I knew what I was doing.  What I had thought previously was that by wiping Dalvik cache you could then freely install a new GApps package (learned from browsing a number of forums with many people offering bad to OK advice).  However, after doing this repeatedly with the several GApps packages I have collected on my SD card and never getting the camera I wanted, I decided to flash the 12_14_GApps_CORE (something like that) because it is minimal.  Several annoying apps I never use are still present, however (eg news and weather).  I suppose I'll try a clean install and try the different GApps I have until I find the right combo and report back.

Get the banks minimal gapps package. It has Google services and play store. The rest you can get from the store as needed

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk
Device Honami | ROM PAC-5.1 | Kernel M5
Device Urushi | ROM PAC-5.0 | Kernel LegacyXperia | Retired

I reflashed last night.  First using the 12_14_Gapps_core-signed.  I can confirm it has the camera version that allows saving to SD card.  Then I wiped dalvik and flashed the 12_14_Gapps_standard and that crappy new camera was back.  So I reflashed everything and stuck with core.  Where would I download the banks minimal package?  Part of the problem is it is difficult to locate many of these files and also difficult to predict what is contained within (can I just unzip and inspect the .apk filenames?  Would that also describe version info?).

I had previously had bluetooth problems with the pac nightlies (may have been a gapps problem?), but I am pleased to say everything is working perfectly.

One other thing I noticed in this process...  I purchased an identical phone for my wife, rooted, flashed pac rom, and it works perfectly.  My phone I've had over a year and have flashed numerous times.  After I saw hers working so nicely, I decided to upgrade from a January CM11 nightly.  I am using philz touch recovery.  I wiped to install a new rom, and then did the other major wipe.  After installing pac, I found I had no notification sounds.  Then after a reboot, some of the notification sounds I had added myself were present.  So this meant that factory wipe isn't actually removing everything.  Using the file manager, I did a search for one of these sounds and found it buried in one of many folder structures that resembles an Android system folder.  All of these folder trees were residing on the internal "SD" storage (sdcard0).  So then I rewiped everything and for good measure I formatted SDcard0.  It was unable to find a file or two the first time (looked like they probably refer to previous installs), but everything is great now.  Centralized all my notification sounds where they belong and all is working.

So my question is, are there other components of the system I should be wiping whenever I flash a new rom?  Apparently the wipe to install new rom option doesn't quite cut the mustard.