PAC-ROM logo
  • ¡Welcome to the PAC-ROM Forum!
  • Don't forget to follow us on Google+, Facebook, or Twitter!
  • Hi , Your primary usergroup is: Guests
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[ROM][OFFICIAL][KitKat 4.4.4][jflte] PAC-man 4.4.4 RELEASE
Haven't had any random reboots or anything, but the main issue I had with 8-18 and 8-19 was my network signal being lost when my phone goes to sleep and sometimes coming back right away and other times I would have to switch the network on and off.  Hope this gets fixed in an upcoming build, wiping now and going back to 8-06 (since for some reason 7-31 is only 50 something MB's? Someone did say that one was the most stable of recent builds though.  Oh well.

latest builds didnt help for me, random reboots and the network signal being lost going into sleep. its just a phone breaker for me unfortunately. ive read elsewhere its a CM issue? ive rolled back to 20140708 (or something lol) until it gets sorted.

keep up the good work anyway devs. im really happy running pacrom so dont think im being ungrateful lol. just this month hasnt gone well :S

Soo, every time I update, it tells me my kernel is different. I never changed it myself so I'm just curious about that. Still have random reboots, usually when typing with swiftkey, but sometimes just random.

Also my play store gets stuck on "Downloading" unless it's JUST after a rom update. And xposed modules just aren't working.

I bet a wipe and install wouldn't have half these issues haha but thanks for soft reboot on the advanced startup!

(08-20-2014, 05:36 PM)f2bacon Wrote: Soo, every time I update, it tells me my kernel is different. I never changed it myself so I'm just curious about that. Still have random reboots, usually when typing with swiftkey, but sometimes just random.

Also my play store gets stuck on "Downloading" unless it's JUST after a rom update. And xposed modules just aren't working.

I bet a wipe and install wouldn't have half these issues haha but thanks for soft reboot on the advanced startup!

The kernel message is caused by the PACPerformance. New nightly = new kernel, that's why it will say that your kernel is different. And regarding the play store, it works fine on my S4.

(08-21-2014, 09:51 AM)Nick0703 Wrote: The kernel message is caused by the PACPerformance. New nightly = new kernel, that's why it will say that your kernel is different. And regarding the play store, it works fine on my S4.

So I'm gonna wipe and install, is the gapps link serious? January 5th 2014? 
EDIT: pac gapps google keyboard force closes, so i'm still using day 0 PA gapps.
after a full wipe and install to the latest nightly, both google play and xposed are giving me the same issues. 

(08-21-2014, 04:31 PM)f2bacon Wrote:
(08-21-2014, 09:51 AM)Nick0703 Wrote: The kernel message is caused by the PACPerformance. New nightly = new kernel, that's why it will say that your kernel is different. And regarding the play store, it works fine on my S4.

So I'm gonna wipe and install, is the gapps link serious? January 5th 2014? 
EDIT: pac gapps google keyboard force closes, so i'm still using day 0 PA gapps.
after a full wipe and install to the latest nightly, both google play and xposed are giving me the same issues. 
Stay away from pa gapps, they replace system files and can cause some fc. Use the gapps from basketbuild. https://s.basketbuild.com/gapps

(08-22-2014, 12:25 AM)Nick0703 Wrote: Stay away from pa gapps, they replace system files and can cause some fc. Use the gapps from basketbuild. https://s.basketbuild.com/gapps

PA gapps have been fine, until now I guess, if that's even to blame. but screw it, I'll try a gapps pack that's only 2 months old
EDIT: gapps you linked to not only still have a google keyboard that constantly force closes (even after a full wipe install) but now it doesn't even boot to the home screen. Even if it did I cant type in my google info, or search up a keyboard. Completely wasted my time haha

On my Galaxy Note 2 the PA GApps have been all I've used since PACman transitioned to KitKat and have not had one issue personally.

Getting random reboots and the ota will only download 7kb files... Not the entire zip

[Image: Screenshot_2014-08-22-11-44-47.png][Image: Screenshot_2014-08-22-11-44-31.png]
So these are still my issues. I now know that it's definitely just me. My girlfriend on the same phone, same rom, same gapps, has no issue. Sure her nightly is from about a week or 2 ago but I'm pretty sure it's just me. I figured I'd bring it up with the smart people
EDIT: flashed the most recent nightly, and I thought it fixed google play because on boot it updated all my apps, but after about 5 minutes it went back to "Downloading..."
Xposed no longer force closes on app pages, but the modules still do nothing.