PAC-ROM logo
  • ¡Welcome to the PAC-ROM Forum!
  • Don't forget to follow us on Google+, Facebook, or Twitter!
  • Hi , Your primary usergroup is: Guests
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Android Version & Available RAM (GT-i9300)
Exclamation 
Hi guys,

I will root my device and put a new rom for the 1st time and i have a few simple questions if any of you can help me.

PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-i9300
Android Version: 4.1.2

I have been checking numerous forums and information and more i read more i get confused.

So my question is:

I checked that the latest PAC man rom version is for the latest android version 4.3 I guess (or I misunderstood the concept of a ROM).
Can i install that version (the latest pac man rom) after rooting my phone? Or i must get the specific PAC man rom for version 4.1.2?

Another question is the RAM, this version of this phone sucks because of RAM i can see now that i have 832MB of RAM and i see  a lot of features of PAC man so i was wondering that if all that will not slow down my phone even worst or the rom is really good optimized and it will work fine?

Thank you very much for your Help i really apreciate some light in this ROOT and ROM world!
SenSer

________________________________________________________________________________
by SenSer

Hi there, I'm a relative noob to ROMs and rooting, in the sense that I've only been rooting and flashing ROMs about 6 months. When you root make sure you install a recovery either twrp (team win recovery partition) clockwork mod, I prefer twrp. When installing a recovery you will need to install an earlier version as the newest Recovery's only work on kitkat 4.4 which is coming to pacman any day.

Flashing from 4.1.2 to 4.3 shouldnt be a problem as
Long as you flash the correct ROM for your device.

I'm not sure about ram I'm on a htc one and nexus 7 and mine run pacman with ease I just have a clean master installed to help with the ram and any junk files.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Hi there,

It helps a bit indeed thank you very much!

I went reading on recovery it backup the sms and call logs and shit which i really dont care, am i right? Does that do a full backup in case of any accident with installing a rom and so on?

According to the list i think the right rom is this one: http://pacman.basketbuild.com/index.php?dir=main/i9300/

It doesnt say Galaxy SIII GT-XXXXX but it says the its version so i will assume is that one :\

Thanks again.
________________________________________________________________________________
by SenSer

From what I know you can do a nandroid back up which basically takes a a backup of your phones current ROM in case you mess up the flash. It won't save all the apps SMS logs etc you have installed, for that you need a app I use helium others use titanium backup.

You do need a recovery to be able to flash a ROM though

The recovery is option at my own risk right? or is it a mandatory req?

but dont get me wrong if it backup the current ROM i am in!

I checked this nandroid:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai....onnandbup

I will install it after the root and i will back it up!

Just one thing that i almost forgot do i need an external SD card for all this? this phone has 16GB of internal hard drive i think is more than enough dont you think?
by SenSer

That's fine more than enough memory. The recovery is mandatory I think.

Just had a quick search for you a recovery is mandatory and twrp and cwm are the most popular, twrp is apparently easier to use. Have a look at http://androidflagship.com/490-install-c...ry-android for why to install one etc.

Ok i got it thank you very much for your help man! ill keep this posted with my new ROM and Root adventures! Smile
by SenSer

No worries, it was scary the first time I did it so glad I can help you. oh one last thing apparently going back from android 4.3 to 4.1 is difficult as it rearranges the file structure, or something, if you want any tips on apps to get once rooted give me a shout and I'll tell you the ones I think are best.

Going back?
I just replace with the old backup ROM should be OK right?

According to what i see the latest version is pac man version 4.3.
So after root i will backup after backup i will install this pac man version 4.3.

Right?
by SenSer

That sounds about right yea.