PAC-ROM logo
  • ¡Welcome to the PAC-ROM Forum!
  • Don't forget to follow us on Google+, Facebook, or Twitter!
  • Hi , Your primary usergroup is: Guests
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to change usb connection settings
Hi everyone!

I'm new to the whole forum thing so go easy on me and tell me if I'm doing something wrong. Thank You!

Today, I was trying to connect my GS4 (fully rooted with busybox and a nightly build of the PacMan ROM from back in November) to my computer and on the screen where you can check MTP or PTP I accidentally unchecked both boxes. Now whenever I connect my phone to my Windows 7 computer with a USB cord the phone acts like it's charging. Can anyone tell me how to make it so I can access the files on my phone with my computer again?

Thank you in advance!
"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0." -- Anonymous

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." -- Abraham Lincoln

U could try this in a terminal:
/system/bin/setprop persist.sys.usb.config mtp,adb

Life is what happens while we... make plans!
Using Tapatalk

(01-15-2014, 09:06 PM)'7h3cr@zydr0id' Wrote: Hi everyone!

I'm new to the whole forum thing so go easy on me and tell me if I'm doing something wrong. Thank You!

Today, I was trying to connect my GS4 (fully rooted with busybox and a nightly build of the PacMan ROM from back in November) to my computer and on the screen where you can check MTP or PTP I accidentally unchecked both boxes. Now whenever I connect my phone to my Windows 7 computer with a USB cord the phone acts like it's charging. Can anyone tell me how to make it so I can access the files on my phone with my computer again?

Thank you in advance!

(02-03-2014, 10:29 PM)'OldBoy.Gr' Wrote: U could try this in a terminal:

Hmmm....Settings/Storage/press menu button or the 3 dots if you have enable it/USB computer connection....
you can choose which connection you want there...

[Image: my_banner.png]

(02-04-2014, 08:52 AM)iPusak Gaoq Wrote:

Thank you in advance!

Hmmm....Settings/Storage/press menu button or the 3 dots if you have enable it/USB computer connection....

You shouldn't need to go to settings after the above command. Just run the command in a terminal emulator (many free in play store) and reboot. After that try connecting your device to ur pc.

Best regards

Using Tapatalk

(02-04-2014, 01:13 PM)'OldBoy.Gr' Wrote:
'iPusak Gaoq[TRADE MARK SIGN Wrote:' pid='2451' dateline='1391521933']

Thank you in advance!

You shouldn't need to go to settings after the above command. Just run the command in a terminal emulator (many free in play store) and reboot. After that try connecting your device to ur pc.

Best regards

LoL...if you go to settings/storage, you don't have to reboot your phone or use terminal...changing in settings is more easier than using terminal + you can choose between MTP, PTP and UMS without having to reboot....
[Image: my_banner.png]

Oh I see now. Thought OP was past that point and that didn't work for him hence the terminal solution. But yes through settings is the normal and easiest way to go first.

Best regards

Using Tapatalk