PAC-ROM logo
  • ¡Welcome to the PAC-ROM Forum!
  • Don't forget to follow us on Google+, Facebook, or Twitter!
  • Hi , Your primary usergroup is: Guests
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HTC One (AT&T) Questions
Hi all,

I am new to custom ROMs and relatively new to Android (converted to HCT One on AT&T from iPhone about six months ago). I do have a general understanding of programming/coding. Before I came across PACMan ROM, I read some info about Cyanogen, AOKP, and PA, and decided on AOKP. Now that I've read up on PACman, though, it seems like the best of all worlds. But I'm having some trouble getting it to flash properly.
Here is where I am:
  • My HTC One is bootloader-unlocked and rooted successfully.
  • Phone is set to S-On (haven't been able to find a way to set S-Off easily on the AT&T variant yet, but from what I can tell, I don't need it. Is this correct?).
  • I have TWRP installed and have recovery backups made.
  • I was able to successfully flash the second-newest (4.4 based) nightly of AOKP, and the most recent nightly since then.
  • I am unable to flash any older versions of AOKP.
  • I am unable to flash any version at all of PACman.
From what I have been able to tell, ROMs are dependent on the version of recovery (TWRP or CWM) that were relevant when the ROM was created. At least, this is what the AOKP devs think is the reason that I am unable to flash older (anything older than 4.4) versions of the ROM, and their suggestion was to try installing an older version of TWRP before trying to flash the older ROMs. However, finding older versions of TWRP (especially for the ATT M7) is nearly impossible. Also they have been unable to tell me which particular version I should be seeking.

After failing to successfully flash any older versions of AOKP I discovered PACMan and it seems like I would prefer it to AOKP. But I ran into the exact same problem when I tried to flash. I did use the correct m7att variant, and I tried both the most recent nightly and the last milestone release, but had the same problem on each. I followed all instructions properly (as far as I know, and I've been quite careful) and the files are intact (i.e., no corruption or anything).

So...can anyone here shed any light on the issue? If any further information would be helpful, I'd be glad to provide it.

Thank you very much in advance for any help, and for your patience dealing with this ROM newb.

You did everything right.
However, 4.3 PAC will require an older TWRP or try flashing it with CWM instead.

You should be able to use these: http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7
OnePlus One bacon
HTC One m7
Samsung S3 LTE i9305
- ROM: PAC-man 4.4.4 RC-1

[Image: maintainer.png]

UPDATE: So, I was able to successfully flash the most recent nightly using 2.6.3.0. THANK YOU for the help! Checking out PACMan now. Looks great so far!

ORIGINAL POST: Any idea which version of TWRP I should try? I went back to 2.6.0.0 and it didn't work...the touchscreen didn't work at all in it, and there was no way to navigate the screen (buttons didn't work either). So then I tried 2.6.3.2 but got the same error. I can try the others, but if anyone knows specifically which version I should use to be able to flash the last 4.3 milestone, it would save me some time and effort (and I would be very grateful!).

OK, now that I have it installed, I have a few more questions. Thanks for indulging me.

First, I'm having difficulty with the wifi. Is this a known issue? It seems to connect OK, but the signal is often weak and then apps will randomly fail to connect to the internet (and say, "You are not connected to the internet. Establish a connection and try again." even though I am supposedly connected). The issue is not my wifi (I'm on FIOS and sit about 8 feet from the router), so I'm wondering if this is a known issue with the current nightly, or maybe a configuration or something?

Second, how do I change the LED behavior? I found the LED options in the settings (under display), but it doesn't do what I want it to do. I want it to glow orange when it's charging, green when 80% or above, and red when something happens (text, email, etc). Is that possible, and if so, how do I do it? I set up the colors for charging, fully charged, etc, but the LED light is not actually responding to the settings.

Thanks again. Much appreciated for the help. I'm loving PACMan so far!

What was your install method? Does your version of kernel match with the version of rom? Check this in about phone.

I installed the zip through twrp (documented above). Kernel and rom match.

I'm still having trouble with wifi, though it's better than it was.

Does anyone know what's happening with the nightlies? When I check the download page, it lists 1/28 as the last one available. But I have the PAC Console on my phone and it tells me that the most recent is from 2/5 (today). When I try to download from the console, it says, "Download failed". Anyone have any idea what might be happening?

(02-05-2014, 03:20 PM)mbrown3 Wrote: Does anyone know what's happening with the nightlies? When I check the download page, it lists 1/28 as the last one available. But I have the PAC Console on my phone and it tells me that the most recent is from 2/5 (today). When I try to download from the console, it says, "Download failed". Anyone have any idea what might be happening?

I've had this problem since the 21/01 rom

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

I see up through the 1/28 one...do you see that when you go to the download page? I've tried clearing my cache, but no dice. I'm not sure if they just aren't keeping up with the download page, or if there really aren't any new nightlies. One or two days makes sense, but over a week seems unusual.