PAC-ROM logo
  • ¡Welcome to the PAC-ROM Forum!
  • Don't forget to follow us on Google+, Facebook, or Twitter!
  • Hi , Your primary usergroup is: Guests
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
com.phone close
Luraziel Wrote:apologies for the double post. here is the logcat from an adb shell with the latest (11/2) nightly and sultan kernel r7 for venture model (Samsung galaxy player 5.0)

note: still getting the force closes even after full wipe and clean flash

BTW are you using another Kernel?

EDIT: The venturi doesn't GSM? Why does it need the Phone.apk?? Confusedhock:

EDIT2: I'm not sure about this fix. You'll need to contact your maintainer for that.

Nick0703 Wrote:
Luraziel Wrote:apologies for the double post. here is the logcat from an adb shell with the latest (11/2) nightly and sultan kernel r7 for venture model (Samsung galaxy player 5.0)

note: still getting the force closes even after full wipe and clean flash

BTW are you using another Kernel?

EDIT: The venturi doesn't GSM? Why does it need the Phone.apk?? Confusedhock:

EDIT2: I'm not sure about this fix. You'll need to contact your maintainer for that.

see now these are the complicated questions...

1. the kernel I am using is the sultan kernel for venturi devices which was put together by a guy named Android1234567 for running 4.3 ROMs however due to PAC switching to jb 4.3.1 we could no longer use the ROM so a revision needed to be made. well another guy posted an r7 kernel version which basically made it to where we could use jb 4.3.1 (this is the link to the last page of the kernel we need which has the download links. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...51&page=40)

2. I'm not sure what GSM means but no, it shouldn't need phone.apk anyways to function. in fact when the ROM is installed phone.apk never goes into system/apps folder it stays in system/vendor like it should. our devices cannot make calls nor send/receive sms messages nor connect to 3g/4g it is simply a media player that connects through Wi-Fi when it can.

3. not sure who the maintainer is on this one but I do know this issue seems to be happening on a few other devices and our own forum on XDA is lit up with this issue in the PAC thread as well... >.<