PAC-ROM logo
  • ¡Welcome to the PAC-ROM Forum!
  • Don't forget to follow us on Google+, Facebook, or Twitter!
  • Hi , Your primary usergroup is: Guests
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SDCard unmounts randomly.
Hi everyone, just defected to the light side from the fruit based company and loving the Pacman rom.

I am running a Samsung galaxy S4 LTE International in the UK with 'pac_jfltexx-milestone.1.RC1.zip' Release version.

I did try the Latest Nightly build with 4.3 but my battery only lasted around 2 hours while using that rom.

The ROM is running great and is stable, but I am getting random issues with my SDCard. I have read that there have been issues in the past with Large SDCards and ExFAT so I was wondering if this issue was a known problem or something new I have discovered please?

When booting the phone everything is fine, but after a while the SDCard just dissapears. I know when the card has unmounted as my Ringtones reside on the card and when receiving a call the phone defaults have to the System ringtone.

As my SDCard is 64GB and I Want support for large files I really don't want to do down the partition route and use FAT32 :roll:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
---- Samsung Galaxy S4 Intl (UK) -------
------ PACMAN Milestone 1 RC1 ---------

Use a custom aosp kernel that supports ExFat. Like faux's kernel?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4

Nick0703 Wrote:Use a custom aosp kernel that supports ExFat. Like faux's kernel?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4

Apologies but I don't understand that answer? If the card mounts for sometimes hours then dismounts than surely the kernel used in Pacman already supports exFat? Otherwise it would not mount at all?

From reading around this stable release was based on cyanogenmod stable 10.1.3 which includes ExFat support?
---- Samsung Galaxy S4 Intl (UK) -------
------ PACMAN Milestone 1 RC1 ---------