PAC-ROM logo
  • ¡Welcome to the PAC-ROM Forum!
  • Don't forget to follow us on Google+, Facebook, or Twitter!
  • Hi , Your primary usergroup is: Guests
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest Update To 4.3 ( pac_mako-nightly-20130816 )
hi there,

first thing i want to congratulate for the again improved version of the rom which is the most complete anyways :-)

i found two things which i would be interested to clarify:

a) on my nexus 4 the persistent menu button in the PIE is broken, means it does not perform any action at all
considering apps like googleplay which do not show a soft menu button in the app itself, this means that i cannot
use the playstore, of course there are many other menu items which are attached to that menu button, some of
them are importent or even necessary. Now my question is, did i overlook something, a setting or so or can anyone
else repeat this error on his phone, that would be a bug then?

b) in the changelog there was a mention of HALO-Colors which I indeed had on my note 2 PA 3.69, a feature which
was longing for, even mentioned it somewhere. Now my question is, i did not find that under HALO settings so
again, did I overlook something here or is it not impemented in this version ?

That would be no problem of course I can wait and if not then it's ok either. just asking if it's there and if yes where :-)

I'm sure you're all busy with that heavy transition to 4.3 so no hurry, just would appreciate a quick reply to tell how things stand.
I could still go back to tha alpha build which was working flawlessly for me.

Thanks in advance and a nice weekend
DEVICES:
N7000, 4.1.2 Stock
I9100, PAC 4.3.1, PAC Kernel
N7100, OMNI 4.4.2, Devils, Xposed
Nexus 4, Cataclysm 4.4.2, Franco r201, Dalvik+Bionic, Xposed
Nexus 5, Cataclysm 4.4.2, ElementalX, Cooler Colors, Dalvik+Bionic, Xposed FW

After I update to 4.3 my battery live go verry quick out. What can be the problem

wally1308 Wrote:After I update to 4.3 my battery live go verry quick out. What can be the problem

i recommend to install an app like wake detector from the play store and see after a few hours on battery what is the culprit ( reason for battery drain )

generally speaking it's is common sense that battery life is quite good under 4.3 and pac-4.3 as well.

if you want even better battery life try an app like juice defender and eventually a custom kernel

i'm using francokernel on my nexus 4 and dorimanx on my GT-I9100 while on my GT-N7100 i stick to the given kernel since battery life on the note II is
generally outstanding :-)
DEVICES:
N7000, 4.1.2 Stock

I flash with r183 francokernel but device wont start so I just pac kernel again. what is the good francokernel for PAC??

wally1308 Wrote:I flash with r183 francokernel but device wont start so I just pac kernel again. what is the good francokernel for PAC??

hi, i'm using franco kernel as well as long as my customization history goes back.

you have to be careful to flash the JSS version of franco's and not the standard rXXX version, the JSS version usually looks something like #183 not r183

i never had the slightest problem with one of his kernels, also not with nighlies kernels like #183.

so if you choose the right version you can expect to run without kernel related problems, means should you have troubles it might be something else.

further you have to be careful to re-flash the kernel after each rom-update and i recommend to at least twice wibe cash and dalvik cash, once before flashing to make
clean room for the newly flashed stuff and after flashing to be on the safe side. i don't know about the effect but can see that while other's have sometimes complaints
and quite strange bugs, i have almost none of them, at least none of the exceptional, means none that others do not encounter in numbers.

good luck
DEVICES:
N7000, 4.1.2 Stock

Ok. I have other question. Can somebody send me a link to latest update pac rom 4.2.2. I want to go back to it. I had no problems with that one. Thank you

Download the last version of pac 4.3 nightly and the last franco kernel r184 jss nightly it work both very well !

I use it with a Google nexus 4 rooted and I don't have draining battery problem Wink

it's a very nice rom but i've noticed this problem
the min CPU frquency is set to 1026 mhz and even when you change it , it lways returns back to this value (which is relatively high).any ideas ??

Hello!
I have PAC MAN ROM from 30.09.2013 for my nexus 4. While I'm in a call, my display turns off, but the digitizer still works. Can you fix it in a later update? Thanks.

cezarvrabie Wrote:Hello!
I have PAC MAN ROM from 30.09.2013 for my nexus 4. While I'm in a call, my display turns off, but the digitizer still works. Can you fix it in a later update? Thanks.

There may just be an air bubble over your light sensor that makes the phone think it is next to your ear when it is really just an air bubble. That seemed to be my issue.