PAC-ROM logo
  • ¡Welcome to the PAC-ROM Forum!
  • Don't forget to follow us on Google+, Facebook, or Twitter!
  • Hi , Your primary usergroup is: Guests
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
20150719 rom: google newsstand and themes do not work
Hello all, sorry if I'm not posting this in the right place, but I'm desperate.

I have the HTC Nexus 9 with pac_flounder-lp-mr1-Nightly-20150719 and gapps-lp-20150222-signed installed. It works fine, save for Google Newsstand and Themes. Starting either gives me a "Unfortunately, ___ has stopped" error.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing, using a different ROM, using a different gapps package, stopping and restarting the service, and of course the classic "turn it off and on again". Nothing has worked so far.

I dunno what else to try!

(08-09-2015, 12:17 AM)alexf Wrote: Hello all, sorry if I'm not posting this in the right place, but I'm desperate.

I have the HTC Nexus 9 with pac_flounder-lp-mr1-Nightly-20150719 and gapps-lp-20150222-signed installed. It works fine, save for Google Newsstand and Themes. Starting either gives me a "Unfortunately, ___ has stopped" error.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing, using a different ROM, using a different gapps package, stopping and restarting the service, and of course the classic "turn it off and on again". Nothing has worked so far.

I dunno what else to try!

Have you tried using arm64 opengapps (after a clean flash)?

(08-09-2015, 02:30 PM)joshuabg Wrote: Have you tried using arm64 opengapps (after a clean flash)?

I tried ARM64 5.1 mini and full, both of these wouldn't even load google services at all. Never got past the wifi selection setup screen. 5.0 mini wouldn't even flash.

I also tried aroma, which didn't work either. After I click Next after connecting to my network, "Unfortunately, Google services has stopped" pops up and it's a dead end. Only gapps-lp-20150222-signed gets me past this screen and allows me to set up my google account, but as I mentioned, themes and newsstand don't work.