PAC-ROM logo
  • ¡Welcome to the PAC-ROM Forum!
  • Don't forget to follow us on Google+, Facebook, or Twitter!
  • Hi , Your primary usergroup is: Guests
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PAC nightly with custom gapps package (/data)
Hello. I've got a problem using my own gapps(it's completely the same as 2013-03-1 but with some apps copied to /data/app). My phone(european Galaxy Nexus-maguro) will bootloop if some app is copied to /data/app (yes, I'm setting permissions in my script). It looks like this problem started with new privacy patch (Privacy Guard) from Cyanogen Mod. Older versions of PACman and other ROMs work normally. Is it possible to fix it?

Unb0rn Wrote:Hello. I've got a problem using my own gapps(it's completely the same as 2013-03-1 but with some apps copied to /data/app). My phone(european Galaxy Nexus-maguro) will bootloop if some app is copied to /data/app (yes, I'm setting permissions in my script). It looks like this problem started with new privacy patch (Privacy Guard) from Cyanogen Mod. Older versions of PACman and other ROMs work normally. Is it possible to fix it?

Is your gapps over the normal size of a regular gapps package?

Sent from my Xperia Mini using Tapatalk 4 Beta
[center][Image: mitx.png][/center]

Of course it is.) It's /system partition is exactly the same as in official gapps package and it's /data has only four apps. It would work if I delete /data. Also it will bootloop if I add(copy) some app to /data with any filemanager and reboot(not even first boot). Thank you.

Unb0rn Wrote:Of course it is.) It's /system partition is exactly the same as in official gapps package and it's /data has only four apps. It would work if I delete /data. Also it will bootloop if I add(copy) some app to /data with any filemanager and reboot(not even first boot). Thank you.

May I know why you would put some apps in data instead of system?

It's because my location- Play Store cannot disable(block) non-system apps like Google Earth, Magazines and Sound Search even if user is outside US. Upd to previous post: my whole /system is only around 500Mb, while maguro has >600 Mb /system partition. It is definitely PAC or CyanogenMod (Privacy Guard-related) bug.

Flash a paranoid android rom and test it please

Sent from my Xperia Mini using Tapatalk 4 Beta
[center][Image: mitx.png][/center]

Okay. Will do tonight.

Upd. I've flashed ParanoidAndroid 3.60 from 22th June (latest stable build for maguro) with exactly the same gapps package. Phone booted normally, all apps from /data are visible and fully functional. I've found a post on xda with similar problem
[spoil]http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost...count=1078[/spoil]
P.S. I think I'll try to flash CM10.1 Stable(without Privacy Guard) and nightly (with it enabled)

I can confirm that this is CM's bug. Current nightly build bootlops like PAC does with same symptoms. (Hope they'll figure out how to fix it)

I've been having that same issue. This worked for me -- flash PAC, reboot to desktop, reboot recovery, flash crap that flashes /data. I use Midnight Gapps, which is inverted gapps + inverted market apps, and letting the system boot seems once seems to allow /data flashing.

EDIT:
Was on my phone earlier, here's the links

Midnight Gapps XDA Thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=2183408

Midnight Gapps Downloads
http://www.inverts.cajunflavoredbob.com/

If you're into the Dark Holo themes, you'll love this. Please note that I'm not associated with Midnight Gapps in any way, I just really like them. They're also pretty up-to-date as well, a lot more-so than the goo.im gapps pack where you have to update a ton of frameworks afterwards.