PAC-ROM logo
  • ¡Welcome to the PAC-ROM Forum!
  • Don't forget to follow us on Google+, Facebook, or Twitter!
  • Hi , Your primary usergroup is: Guests
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extra Google Stuff
I have very limited space on my XT1031 and was wondering the best way to get rid of the extra Google stuff (News & Weather, Play Books, Play Games). I think I had used the Gapps Minimal. Also tried removing them by using Titanium Backup but they seem to show back up. Are they built into the ROM? Can it be safely removed before flashing? Sorry if this is a newbie question but I would rather have room for stuff I use.

(11-12-2014, 03:14 PM)toaster Wrote: I have very limited space on my XT1031 and was wondering the best way to get rid of the extra Google stuff (News & Weather, Play Books, Play Games). I think I had used the Gapps Minimal. Also tried removing them by using Titanium Backup but they seem to show back up. Are they built into the ROM? Can it be safely removed before flashing? Sorry if this is a newbie question but I would rather have room for stuff I use.
I think you flashed bigger package than minimal at first time. That's why you have books, etc.
I don't know which gapps you use, but you can use PA gapps too...
Next time you flash new nightly be sure you have the latest minimal package on your phone. (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=2397942) Last one is pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.4-20141110-signed.zip
And you need the pa_gapps_playservices-games_update_20141104-signed.zip from addons.
This how you can get rid of not needed google apps, and how you can free up some data by flashing latest apps into system:
0. Download rom, gapps minimal, and playservices updater and copy it to phone.
1. Make a backup
2. Wipe system, cache and dalvik cache (you won't loose your data by wiping system)
3. Flash rom
4. Flash gapps
5. Flash playservices update
6. If you want you can wipe cache and dalvik again
7. Reboot

Edit: After you did step 1-7 you need only flash nightly until new gapps package is out. Than you can free up space again (move the updated apps from data to system) by doing step 1-7 again with new packages.

You are right I wiped and reinstalled with a different gapps than I had saved and most of them are gone. Thanks for the walk through. Going to try the pico gapps because all I use is the play store. Love Pac-Rom by the way. Fast and clean with everything I want/need.