PAC-ROM logo
  • ¡Welcome to the PAC-ROM Forum!
  • Don't forget to follow us on Google+, Facebook, or Twitter!
  • Hi , Your primary usergroup is: Guests
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stuck in bootscreen after installing on satsuma
My sony xperia active was running Cyanogen Mod9, I wanted to install PacMan Rom. I downloaded pac_satsuma_4.4.3.Beta-1.0_20140608-215837.zip to /sdcard, booted into recovery mode, wiped the partitions and installed the zip. After the reboot, I am stuck in the "free xperia" bootscreen. After recovery to Cyanogen9 backup, I see the "free xperia" screen, which changes to the Cyanogen9 bootscreen, where I am stuck, too.

Any Idea what went wrong?

(07-31-2014, 11:58 AM)Mootin Wrote: My sony xperia active was running Cyanogen Mod9, I wanted to install PacMan Rom. I downloaded pac_satsuma_4.4.3.Beta-1.0_20140608-215837.zip to /sdcard, booted into recovery mode, wiped the partitions and installed the zip. After the reboot, I am stuck in the "free xperia" bootscreen. After recovery to Cyanogen9 backup, I see the "free xperia" screen, which changes to the Cyanogen9 bootscreen, where I am stuck, too.

Any Idea what went wrong?

You flashed the kernel from zip with flashtool? (boot.img inside the rom zip)

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

Head -> Wall
I did flash it, all right, but not with the image unzipped from the ROM... *rolls eyes at himself*
Thank you!

Which Android is the MOD based on? I need to flash the google shop app to have a channel of updates for Textsecure and stuff... Will any gapps 4.4.3 do?

(07-31-2014, 03:28 PM)Mootin Wrote: Head -> Wall
I did flash it, all right, but not with the image unzipped from the ROM... *rolls eyes at himself*
Thank you!

Which Android is the MOD based on? I need to flash the google shop app to have a channel of updates for Textsecure and stuff... Will any gapps 4.4.3 do?

Due to the limited storage, full pa gapps will not flash, but any other gapps for 443 will work

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk
Device Honami | ROM PAC-5.1 | Kernel M5
Device Urushi | ROM PAC-5.0 | Kernel LegacyXperia | Retired

installed the GApps 4.4.3. micro (even more than I need, only wanted play-store). Went smooth, but: Keyboard worked for a split second, when trying to input my goggle-account credentials. Now the keyboard (which is selected in the settings) is gone. I just don't get a keyboard, when trying to text, trying to input into an app, etc. Tried restarting the phone. Any other suggestions? :-(

EDIT: Will continue asking questions here, no need to cross-post to XDA developers. Just double-posted because I wanted help quick Smile

(08-01-2014, 06:32 AM)Mootin Wrote: installed the GApps 4.4.3. micro (even more than I need, only wanted play-store). Went smooth, but: Keyboard worked for a split second, when trying to input my goggle-account credentials. Now the keyboard (which is selected in the settings) is gone. I just don't get a keyboard, when trying to text, trying to input into an app, etc. Tried restarting the phone. Any other suggestions? :-(

EDIT: Will continue asking questions here, no need to cross-post to XDA developers. Just double-posted because I wanted help quick Smile

Have you tried installing a third party keyboard app?

Where can I get one? PlayStore is not working (can't input my credentials) Sad

EDIT:
Ah. found TouchPalX which is available as download from developers site...
...installed and activated TouchPalX keyboard. No effect. Restarted Phone. No Effect.
I can select a textfield (and see a blinking cursor), but no keyboard, whatsoever...

EDIT:
TouchPalX was showing some kind of stupid intro, after that it is working now Smile

Argh!

It worked ONCE, like the other keyboard. Crashed while writing. No keyboard again. Tried reboot. Tried to switch between the two keyboards :-(

Hi, i have the exact same problem... i think my old CMW recovery (6.0.2.8) It's not compatible with your CustomROM.
If i simply flash using "install zip from file" from my bootloader i gat stuck at FreeXperia logo...
Can you explain or suggest the step by step procedure....???

1 DOWNLOADED
pac_satsuma_4.4.4.RC-2_20141017-224233.zip
2 FLASH TOOL
INFO  - For 2011 devices line, be sure you are not in MTP mode
INFO  - Device connected with USB debugging on
INFO  - Connected device : SonyEricson Xperia Live Walkman
INFO  - Installed version of busybox : N/A
INFO  - Android version : 4.1.2 / kernel version : 2.6.32.9-FXP / Build number : JZO54K

INFO  - Root Access Allowed

Now what i have to do ?

Thanks for all the help !

(10-29-2014, 06:54 AM)ciotta Wrote: Hi, i have the exact same problem... i think my old CMW recovery (6.0.2.8) It's not compatible with your CustomROM.
If i simply flash using "install zip from file" from my bootloader i gat stuck at FreeXperia logo...
Can you explain or suggest the step by step procedure....???

1 DOWNLOADED
pac_satsuma_4.4.4.RC-2_20141017-224233.zip
2 FLASH TOOL
INFO  - For 2011 devices line, be sure you are not in MTP mode
INFO  - Device connected with USB debugging on
INFO  - Connected device : SonyEricson Xperia Live Walkman
INFO  - Installed version of busybox : N/A
INFO  - Android version : 4.1.2 / kernel version : 2.6.32.9-FXP / Build number : JZO54K

INFO  - Root Access Allowed

Now what i have to do ?

Thanks for all the help !

For Satsuma you have to flash the kernel in fastboot mode, then flash the ROM... Every time. You are trying to flash an android 4.4.4 rom on a 4.1.2 kernel... That will not work.

Thanks for the answer. i'll test it asap Wink